Friday, August 26, 2011

Baby Fever

My baby fever is at an all time high right now. Which is not a surprise to me because I have always known that it raises ever so slightly on a daily basis. So it makes sense that today it is at it's highest, and tomorrow will be just that much higher.

I'm sure it's because I have baby fever, but I feel like I am literally surrounded by pregnancy and babies. I work at a birth center and I know a handful of women who either just had babies or are about to.

I go through phases when my baby fever subsides enough to go through life not thinking about it. It's always there and always will be, but sometimes I can ignore it.

But there are times, whether it's days or weeks, when it is absolutely undeniable and unforgettable. Usually brought on by something. Or by some adorable child.

Last night it was seeing Gabe and Shannen's adorable little 9 month old girl Aamina. I have always really wanted a girl (as if that isn't obvious by looking at my choice of blog layout). There's just something about a mother-daughter bond. Of course I want a boy, I just want a girl a little bit more.

I still have a ways to go before we start "trying," so for now I just sit and daydream.


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment