Friday, October 14, 2011

Love and Let Go

As i'm driving home from work at 8am, after my last of 6 night shifts, I really wish I didn't have to go home and sleep. Technically I don't have to, but I've done the whole staying up after a night shift and I usually end up regretting it.

But the reason I don't want to sleep is because I just love the feeling of morning. Everyone is up and starting their day. It's beautiful out and it's the beginning of the weekend. It was a full moon on Wednesday (which means something when you work in a birth center) and the moon was still out when I was driving home.


It's funny how small a picture makes it look. The air was so crisp and the clouds were beautiful this morning.


I got an email today inquiring about my wedding dress. I put it on Craigslist and I also have it on preownedweddingdresses.com. I knew all along that I was going to sell it because I just don't see the point in keeping it, and I can get money out of something that is just sitting in the closet. We don't need the money right now, it would just be really nice to have.

I had been meaning to take the dress out and check it over just to make sure there weren't any marks or damage to the bustle that I didn't know was there.

The moment I unzipped the garment bag and saw the dress for the first time in over a year, I was immediately overwhelmed with emotion.

The very first dress I tried on. This was moments after I put it on for the first time.
I also fell very in love with the veil and went back months later because I had to have it.
I get kind of sad thinking about giving it away. I know Phil thinks it's kinda silly that I am so attached to it, but I literally can't help it. I guess it's a physical symbol of that day. The way I felt in that dress cannot compare to any other feeling in the world.

I think I will eventually be able to let it go, but it'll be hard.

...and...I may or may not have put it on...
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You looked stunning in it too. I can't imagine selling my wedding dress...you are so brave!

    ReplyDelete