When I was in 4th grade I was in Missionettes which is basically a christian equivalent to Girl Scouts. You memorize verses and get patches on your sash when you achieve certain things.
I was 10 years old and in Mrs. Barbie's missionettes class when my Mom was pregnant with baby #4. We didn't know the sex through the whole pregnancy, and me having two brothers was bent on getting a little sister. I'm not really sure why my Mom didn't want the sex to be known but I found out a few years ago that she knew it was a girl the whole time. She didn't even tell my Dad!
So every week I would go to missionettes and when it was time for prayer request I would pipe up with my usual, "I pray that my Mom is having a girl." I'm sure Mrs. Barbie chuckled to herself knowing that at that point, the sex of the baby was already set in stone.
One of the big events in Mrs. Barbie's class was "Doll Night" when she would bring in all of her dolls and we each got to bring in our favorite doll. Well it came time for "Jr." (as we called her before we knew she was a girl) to be born and ironically 4 days before Doll Night.
On April 14th I walked into Mrs. Barbie's class showing off my beautiful sister, my new favorite doll.
On the back of the picture it reads in my middle school chicken scratch, "Doll Night: My Proudest Moment."
That is so cute!!!! Awww.
ReplyDelete