Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Abusing a Sacred Bond

Today America is united in anger towards Kim Kardashian. You can't watch the TV for more than 10 minutes without seeing something about her divorce after 72 days of marriage. The news, talk shows, and even cooking shows! It's what everyone is talking about.

Kim (center) and her sisters

This wedding that was put on TV for the whole world to see cost $20 Million dollars. I can't even comprehend that amount of money, especially not on a wedding that didn't last any longer than the flavor in a stick of gum.

Why am I writing about Kim Kardashian and who cares? We'll I have to admit, I got hooked on her reality TV show "Keeping up with the Kardashians." So on some level, I got emotionally invested into their story. Not only am I into all things wedding, but I am all for marriage. I was happy to see her settling down with a good ol Minnesota boy.


I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it didn't last. I thought that if it ever did end, she would have at least made it a few years? My hopes were set too high.

They said one of the main reasons she left him was because he wanted to settle down and have a family in Minnesota and she didn't feel like she could facilitate her career while living here. Well, if you're gonna be like that, Minnesota doesn't want you Kim Kardashian.

I just wish that the sacred bond of marriage wasn't thrown around like a meaningless way to achieve momentary happiness. Or in Kim's case, fame and money.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment