Thursday, May 19, 2011

2nd Honeymoon

First off, I will do the reveal of my new hair! I went and got it done by a friend right before we left for our vacation. Here is my before picture. No makeup and hair not straightened.


And here is my after! (With lots of makeup, straightened hair)


I absolutely love it and I think it's a perfect summer color. Especially for me since I'm so pale. Got it done by my friend Lauren Nelson at the Cole's Salon in Savage. If you like it, go to her! You won't be disappointed.

Phil and I had so much fun on our mini-vacation! It was just this tiny little place up north, and since we went in the middle of the week there was hardly anybody else at the hotel. We also didn't see anybody under 35, the whole time we were there. Not even kidding. Just old men coming to fish cause we were right off the lake, and old people in the area to gamble because there was a huge casino nearby.

Anyway, I'll just post some pictures of the trip cause besides what I took pictures of, the rest of the trip is not for blogging. =] Let's just say we called it our "2nd honeymoon." 

(Click any of the pictures to see them bigger)

Whirlpool

Huge bed!


Our view from the room. You can barely see the lake

Garrison Inn and Suites

On the side of the Inn


Our view for dinner at the restaurant next door

Takin' a walk

He made a life size beaver house! (jk)

In some random quarry

The main attraction! Big Fish


A little chilly but beautiful view

On our way to a picnic lunch

Lunch on the lake
The dock we had lunch on

Getting some Vitamin D

Huuuuuuuge fish we saw! Had to have been at least 2 feet long

Sunburn =[


So, to explain the picture above, neither of us had ever gambled before and we went to the buffet at the casino for dinner so we thought it would be fun to just try some slot machines for the fun of it. Originally we were gonna spend like $20 but Phil only had $2 cash so we decided to use the $2 and if we wanted to get $20 out of the atm we would. So we ended up using the $2, making $3.45 back, and being so bored we decided to quit at that! I do not see the draw but maybe we were doing the wrong machines or something. The picture above is the $3 that I made.

This is Phil, not smiling for me, and the shells of the 40+ shrimp he ate at the buffet. Ew

 
Where we had lunch on the way home

No comments:

Post a Comment