Monday, May 23, 2011

Balance

I just wanted to share this picture cause I think it's funny. Going to the salon is divine. I wish I could afford to do it more.

This week Phil and I met with a lady from our church. All I knew going in to the meeting was she had some sort of "business" she wanted to sell us on. Something like Mary Kay or Pampered Chef. Phil went into it very skeptical and we were basically just going because she was really pushing it. I had no idea what the product or company was. We met with her and her "business partner" who was a cool young business-y used to be youth pastor. He reminded me of what Phil will be like when he's 25ish.

Anyway, as they were talking about their business and product I realized that I am a very easily persuaded person. You could sell me a Popsicle on the street corner on a winter day if you used all the persuasion tactics. I dread the day I have to do jury duty cause when I watch Law and Order, I believe everyone! So maybe it's just because of that fact, but regardless...they totally sold me.

Their business is called Melaleuca, and it is a company that patents, produces, and distributes all of their own products for your home. Everything from cleaning products to makeup to shampoo to vitamin supplements. Stuff that you are spending thousands of dollars a year on at Target. Their products are very natural and organic, and very safe for your home unlike most of the products we all use right now that have toxic chemicals.

Both of them have been using all the products for over a month and had countless stories of how all of these products are just changing their families lives. The thing that really hit home though, was thinking about all of this in terms of having kids. Her business partner has two young kids (5 and 2) and he talked about how much more safe these products are, and how much better they work!

The other thing that sold me was the vitamins. I am kind of a vitamin freak. I blame my Mom. When I was probably 15 I would take up to 25 vitamins a day...all at once. Yes you heard me right. My Grandma sold Shaklee brand vitamins and would constantly be giving them to us. I had problems falling asleep a lot as a kid and I took a herbal supplement that did wonders. I never got sick when I was taking my vitamins, and if I stopped taking them for a while and started to feel that little tingle in my throat I would take the echinacea and I would never get sick.

These vitamins claim to somehow absorb better into your system giving you more energy, better sleep, healthier body, and balance. They had me at vitamin. They both take the vitamins and could not say enough about the difference they have made.

One of the biggest reasons I actually believe that the product is all that they said it was, is because 95% of the people that try the product...reorder on a monthly basis. That is an insane percentage!

So after all of this and just thinking about how many chemicals are constantly around us, how bad I eat, how much coffee I drink, and how little water I drink, I realized I needed to rethink my lifestyle. I want to eat better every day and cut out junk food. I want to drink the daily recommended amount of water every day. I want to take vitamins, everyday. I want to know that the cleaning products I use are not harming me, or won't harm my future kids.

I want to be healthy.

That's a hard thing to do these days. It's something that has always been important to me because it was always important to my Mom. She always cooked very healthy and never had pop in the house. Never let us have sugary cereal. Never had junk food sitting around to eat.

But really, the real reason behind all of this is knowing we will be having kids in the near future. People don't realize how much being healthy effects just getting pregnant, let alone the pregnancy itself. I also need to work on getting stronger abs while I still can which will help with recovery after baby.

So here's to the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle and the preparation of making babies!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. my mom use to sell melaleuca. Haha.

    What Hasn't my mom sold?? lol. She's sold pampered chef, she's sold weekenders, she's sold creative memories, she's sold Jafra...she hasn't sold mary kay, but that's because Jafra is like Mary Kay "only better."

    She still gets melaleuca sometimes. It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete