Friday, June 10, 2011

Waiting

Currently I'm a bit upset. It's a long story but the short version is that in order for me to be able to graduate in one year from now I had to test out of Medical Terminology. So yesterday I went to do that after studying a lot for 2 days. When I took it I didn't know what grade you had to get to "test out." So I got done and I had gotten an 80% which I thought was pretty good. Little did I know that the test out minimum is 83%.

Bummer man. He delivered.

I am currently trying to get over that disappointment because I know it's not a huge deal. Just a very small annoying one. I am going to try to talk to the Dean of students at the college and try to pull some strings to still do it in a year but it's a stretch.

Feels like I'm in a constant state of waiting. First it was nursing school. I had to wait several months to hear back for that with a bad ending. Then it was waiting to hear back from my new school about how many classes transferred, which would tell me how long I'd have to be in school for. Of course both of those took an unnecessarily long time, making it very frustrating.

Even before all that there was always something. First it was waiting to meet a great guy. Then it was waiting to get engaged (one year of dating). Then it was waiting to get married (7 months of engagement).

...and now I wait for a baby.

I fully admit that patience is probably my biggest struggle. Has been my whole life, which is why I feel like God is intentionally putting me through all this just to teach me how to be patient. Who knows though. It's probably just life being life. Typical.

I'm trying hard to appreciate what I have, which is so much. Trying to enjoy my time alone with Phil. Trying to appreciate the fact that I am even able to afford and go to college. I do have so much to be grateful for and I really shouldn't take it all for granted.

Photobucket
I need to live every day without wishing for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment