Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weight Woes and Charts

Ok so I might have overreacted about the 4 pound gainage the other day. I was having a bad day so it just added to it. Someone told me I should only weigh myself once a week, because there is a certain amount of fluctuation from day to day. But just because I was curious I weighed myself yesterday at the gym:


On Friday I will be halfway through my month long goal, and I have still lost basically nothing. Of course everyone tells me it's probably muscle weight or water weight.I will continue to workout and eat accordingly though because when it really comes down to it, loosing the weight isn't my ultimate goal. It's toning my core. It's just hard when I have no way of measuring if that's happening or not.

I've been jogging for 20 minutes straight (torture) and doing some muscle machines. Mainly ab stuff.

I have such a love/hate relationship with jogging. Within my 20 minutes of jogging I go through an entire spectrum of loving it, having that I-can-do-anything feeling, starting to get tired, and then just flat out hating it. It's been good though and I think it's good to be able to train yourself to mentally push yourself beyond what you think you're capable of. Mind over matter has been my goal.

Phil and I have very different opinions about working out. I personally like to go to the gym and just pump it out, get it all done in an hour. He likes to do his "workout" either biking, playing tennis, swimming, etc. I like to do those things, just not as my main workout. He recently bought a bike and has been taking super long bike trips with his buddy Ian. Here he is in Stillwater:

Yes, he biked all the way from Minneapolis to Stillwater


I've been charting my BBT. Not because we are "trying," but just to get familiar with my cycle.

...and if you don't understand a single word I just said, then Google it. I won't sit and explain cause it's far too complicated. Anyway, my chart looks nothing like a "normal" pattern. I assume this is because I just got off my BC last month so i'm hoping there will be some sort of regularity next month.

This is what a "typical" chart looks like. Emphasis on the spike on day 16
This is mine. Can't make sense of it
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment