| Sleepy Dog |
I have never been a dog person. Since I was little, I was always a cat person. Mainly kittens, but if I had a choice between a dog and a cat it was always the cat.
But ever since my Dad got Dexter, I've had a change of heart. I never really made a connection with any dog before. Kirby was nice but he was always my brothers dog. Since Dexter got here, I feel somewhat more pulled to have my very own dog.
| This is Ace, my brothers dog |
I will always be a cat person, but I've been warming up to the idea of a dog. This I'm sure is reassuring for my husband who is and always has been a dog person.
![]() |
| Phil and his childhood dog, Princess |
So lately I've been thinking about when we will get a dog and how that will fit in with having kids. Part of me wants to get it before we have kids so we can focus on training it and making sure it's well behaved. The other part of me realizes how much work a dog is and doesn't want a dog until we're used to having the responsibility of a kid.
As for right now, the apartment we are in doesn't allow dogs so it wouldn't be until we buy a house. And with the possibility of kids coming closer and closer, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how we will fit a dog into the mix.
For now I'm glad we have Dexter, Ace, and Princess to fill our dog void until we can get one of our own.

awww...preciouses. < lol. BTW...you're dad has almost had Dex for a year. WAH! (my fam had him with them last Christmas)
ReplyDelete