What is a "reventure" you ask? My spell check is telling me that is not how you spell it but I beg to differ. Growing up my Dad was in charge of us kids on Saturday mornings while my Mom would be out with her sisters garage saling and out to breakfast. Yes, every Saturday for as long as I can remember. My Dad was big into the outdoors so we called our Saturday outings, ranging from hiking to swimming to biking, our Saturday Adventures.
Then little Genna came along, and while in her beginning stages of speaking began calling them "reventures." Where did the "R" come from? We will never know.
I found these old pics from a reventure in September of 2009.
![]() |
| Dad with my cousin Nikki |
![]() |
| Big piles of random substances were common in reventures |
![]() |
| Hikes to random outlooks |
..and that was all one reventure.
Today we had an unexpected reventure in downtown Hudson, Wisconsin.
| Epic |
| Me and "Phil" |
It was an awesome day.






I just love this so much. You guys are an incredible family and...I'm just so glad I got to be part of it, and that even though I'll never "legally" be a part of it... I am still part of it.
ReplyDeleteAnd the video at the end? Best finale ever (I seriously love that video. It makes me laugh harder every time I watch it)