I bought the yarn yesterday for blanket attempt #1. I was shocked at how little I spent!
I saved 75 cents on each because I had a 25% off coupon for my whole purchase. The "Split Ring Maker" that you see are little plastic rings to help mark areas on the project. I don't believe I need them for this project but I wanted to have some around in case I need them in the future.
My total so far for the yarn is $9.
At this point I am unsure of how much more yarn I will need to complete the blanket so I just bought one of each color and will buy more as I need it.
Here is your sneak peak!


Love the colors! Do you know about lot numbers and matching them on the yarn? If you get the same color from a different lot number, it will be a slightly different shade. It is best to buy more than you need, if necessary, so you can get all the same lot.
ReplyDeleteHere's an example of a friend's bag she made. All the yarn is the same color, but the yarn in the middle is a different lot. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/hippyprincess/garder-stitch-bag
Yeah as I start to work on this project i'm realizing i'm going to need a LOT more so I better go get it now before they get new stuff in. Thanks for the tip!
Delete