I've always been a little hesitant to write about food because I fear becoming that girl who talks about what she eats every day and secretly no one cares. But as I was thinking I realized that food is universal. It's one thing that is a part of everyone's lives to a certain degree.
So I decided it would be ok if I wrote about what I ate.
Phil and I haven't bought groceries in about a month and a half. It's not that we can't afford to get them, we just wanted to be as frugal as possible so that on closing day (2 days away!) we would have as much money in the bank as possible.
You know that feeling when you walk into your kitchen looking for something to eat and you think to yourself, "Ugh there is nothing to eat" but then you stop and realize, "That's actually not true at all. I'm just too lazy to make anything that takes more than 5 minutes."
We realized that we could get by for quite a while without buying more groceries if we just got creative and tried really hard to use what we have. We did buy milk and eggs like 2 weeks ago but that is about it.
Yesterday morning I woke up and thought to myself, "I will do anything to not have to eat oatmeal one-more-time." Yeah, oatmeal gets old...fast. There was one egg, about a cup of milk, no cereal, and as Phil reminded me, some Bisquick. I got possibly a little too excited that I had enough to make like 4 pancakes.
So with my half batch of pancakes and my leftover Tea Garden that Phil treated me to the night before, I had a wonderful Saturday morning breakfast.
So then I woke up today....
I worked a night shift last night so it's about 5pm and this is my "morning." Sometimes I do stick with the regular breakfast foods, but I feel like I can get away with eating dinner foods right when I wake up because it's already evening.
Looked in the freezer and what do I see? A bag of frozen mozzarella. The wheels start turning. What is mozzarella commonly used for? Pizza of course! Oh wait, we're out of bread. Oh but Phil brought home one hamburger bun the other day. (Random, I know) And we basically have spaghetti sauce at all times since we used to shop at Sam's club and they always come in packs of 3.
And Whahlah!
Little mini pizzas! I didn't even have any toppings, but they were delish!

I love this. You come up with the neatest ideas!
ReplyDelete